Friday, December 12, 2014

[Christmas Calendar] Day 12: I See Your Face


Scape unlocks a pathway to ethereal grace
five-branched birds are riding on a playful sandstorm
conifers in snow stare back with an enchantment
then a reef for focus, a mountain of praxis
billowy gulf dressing an art to drain my feet.


Coming back today, the pounding thoughts relay
It's a time that's for myself
I'm laying low, strife is gaining slow
A kind of anguish I don't need

When I see your frown, hurt will put me down
If I could see a light shining
Is this borrowed time maybe a final time
that I can see a light shining

Will you make it slow 'cause evil makes it slow
I know you're brandishing the sign
Dare I take a chance in this circumstance
or will I leave without a hope
When you seal my fate sorrow turns to hate
If I could see a light shining
Is this borrowed time maybe a final time
that I can see a light shining

What one man makes is there for one to take
A single handed fall from grace
Hearts beating fast, beating to the last
A draining feeling's all that I know

When I see your frown, it becomes my frown

If I could see a light shining
Is this borrowed time maybe a final time
that I can see a light shining

(Photo and poem © 2014 Joona Turunen. Licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0.)
("I See Your Face" by Paradise Lost. Lyrics  & music by Aaron Aedy, Nick Holmes & Gregor Mackintosh. ℗ 1995 Music For Nations, ©  Sony BMG 2006.)

1 comment:

Joona said...

The second track from 1995 is I See Your Face from Paradise Lost's iconic Draconian Times LP. This song is one I just recently started to appreciate. This post is special for the photo and the song aren't directly linked to each other, making the poem serve as a bridge in between them. I'm also quite proud of the way this particular metaphor came out. The photo was taken in Savonlinna last Winter.