Monday, December 15, 2014

[Christmas Calendar] Day 15: Aftermath


      There's
an 

apple burnished red
bitten with chattering teeth
not understanding, not paying a heed
when surfaces molted to be one met
Darkening quickly, it's losing flare
on pose as slice is seeing swallow
satiety leaves a lone hollow
too incomplete to bear

distance nor end.



Somebody take me away from the darkness
Somebody take this from me
If anyone's out there, if anyone hears me
Somebody take this from me

I was beginning to think I had lost my mind
Fell upon it hard and fell upon my hardest times
But the way she lit the room at night
cast shadows to their gloom and I
still dream of your perfume, I would do
anything to be with you

Edelweiss, angel why
Comfort me from so far away
Angel white, dream of mine
Come for me from so far away
Angel eyes, sweet love of mine
come back to me, though so far away
Please don't cry, there's still time
I won't change, so far away
Please don't cry, I won't

(Photo and poem © 2014 Joona Turunen. Licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0.)
("Aftermath" by HURT. Lyrics & music by J. Loren Wince & Paul Spatola. © & ℗ 2007 Capitol Records, Inc.)

1 comment:

Joona said...

This third romantic-themed post is about longing: being separated and in love. The photo (taken in September) is supposed to correspond with the beginning of the song in particular and stands for a dark moment with a slight glimmer of hope. The song is one of my favorite HURT songs, and the third track from their album Volume II (2007). The poem is once again shaped like an object, this time it's meant to resemble an apple.