Wednesday, December 17, 2014

[Christmas Calendar] Day 17: L'Éveil des Muses


This evening's delight
the stolen gestures

Soaring from poverty

On the day between days
carrying a reflex
the victim of presence
 won't even know.



Y aura-t-il un nouveau temps
pour les âmes non humaines 
Leurs parcelles éthérées 
qui crient par-delà les vents
regrettent les passions mortelles
qu'elles n'ont pu éprouver
Y aura-t-il un nouveau temps
pour les enfants des cieux
marchant dans le silence
s'en allant retrouver leurs frères
qui de là-haut les protégeaint

[English translation as posted on Last.fm]
Will there be a new dawn
for unhuman souls

Their ethereal fragments
screaming beyond the winds
longing for mortal passions
that they have never known
Will there be a new dawn
for children of the skies
walking in silence
to reunite with their brothers
who watched over them from above

(Photo and poem © 2014 Joona Turunen. Licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0.)
("L'Éveil des Muses" by Alcest. Lyrics &  music by Stéphane Paut©  & ℗ 2014 Prophecy Productions.)

1 comment:

Joona said...

Alcest was the third band I saw live this year. The gig took place on my 20th birthday, November 12th and the venue was The Circus in Helsinki, the same club where I saw Hacktivist and Korn half a year prior. This song was by far my favorite moment during their set. Today it has inspired me to write a rather predictable poem in terms of its subject (muses) but the way I described this phenomenon is perhaps not so ordinary. At least that what I was aiming for. The photo is of the sky and taken last March at the beach in Kerimäki. When I saw the shot amongst my galleries, I instantly had the idea that it would match perfectly with this track.