Monday, December 8, 2014

[Christmas Calendar] Day 8: Always (k)new


In a mutual idea
of beautiful design
You unwillingly became a
Ficino's murderer

Blood of another:
bring me to life!
Suicide, I'll reflect;
my souls will be thine.


Say you are alone
Let me hear that one
'cause we are all alone
We are all like one

I won't let you love me
I will let you down
You are all in vain
You're all feeling down

Are they gonna tell you
that all this is just dirt
and when it hits you
you won't even feel it

'Cause I feel with you here
since the world begun to drown

So move
your heartache
come on
your heart


(Photo and poem © 2014 Joona Turunen. Licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0.)
("Always (k)new" by Major Label. Lyrics & music by Major Label. © & ℗ 2003 Major Label.)

1 comment:

Joona said...

Second week opens up with another "romantic" entry. This time around the song is an old demo by the Finnish band Major Label, who's frontman Arto Tuunela is best known for his other project Pariisin Kevät. The picture was taken in February of this year at a bridge in Savonlinna. The poem uses a literary allusion (only the second one in my "career") and borrows two song titles from two of my favorite bands, so I felt really excited writing it. The theme is quite simply falling in love.